The Samsung Galaxy Note9 Is Here
The New Samsung galaxy note9 is out, pre-order begins in the US on Friday, August 10th 2018 adn will be available on the 24th of August. The interesting features of the new smart phone are, an upgraded S-pen connects with bluetooth, bigger screen, supports up to 1TB internal storage, and so many.
Just like every other note it comes with S-pen, now powered, connects with bluetooth, and doubles as a remote control in various use cases. And to make things even sweeter, the Note9 doesn’t need a DeX pad for Samsung’s Desktop mode, you just need a proper cable. That’s certainly one way to reinvent those power-point presentations.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE9 KEY SPECS
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back; IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple color schemes.
- Display: 6.4″ Super AMOLED ‘Infinity Display’, 2,960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio, 514ppi; HDR10 compliant (no Dolby Vision).
- Rear camera: Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.5-2.4 aperture, 26mm equiv. focal length, dual pixel PDAF, OIS; Secondary 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm equiv. focal length, autofocus, OIS; 2x zoom. 2160p/60fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion, 720p/960fps super slow-motion video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus; 1440p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 8.1 Oreo; Samsung Experience 9.0; Bixby virtual assistant; Smart Connect, Smart Connect Home
- Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.7GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU. Exynos 9810: octa-core CPU (4x3rd-gen Mongoose 2.7GHz + 4xCortex-A55 1.8GHz), Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 128/512GB of storage; microSD slot for cards up to 512GB.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); Adaptive Fast Charging (same as S7/S8/S9); QuickCharge 2.0 support; WPC(Qi)&PMA wireless charging.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets (hybrid slot); LTE-A, 4-Band/5-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Bluetooth-enabled S-Pen stylus with 4096 pressure levels and multimedia controls, Fingerprint/iris/face recognition; stereo speakers tune by AKG; 3.5mm jack; bundled AKG headphones; DeX dock compatibility.
The Samsung galaxy note9 uses the glass sandwish design. when compared to note8, they are almost the same size, but the note9 has a bigger screen. The note9 is water and dust resistance just like note8.
Looking at the back, we can notice a very big transformation, the finger print scanner is now below the camera for east access, and no more stretching of hands that much, The camera deck looks as big and odd as before, but that has been Samsung’s take on it for quite some time. The optically-stabilized dual setup is the same as on the S9+ – a 12MP main camera, with a variable aperture (f/1.5-2.4) and a telephoto lens, with a 12MP sensor and f/2.4 aperture. There is a single LED flash and right next to it is the heart-rate sensor. Around the metal frame, you will see the sim and micro SD tray, then the bottom houses the USB port, the audio port and the speaker.
It’s nice we don’t have to worry about charging the S-Pen – it doesn’t really have a battery, but a supercapacitor, which charges within the phone and it takes just 40 seconds. The charge is enough for up to 30 minutes of use over BLE connection, or 200 clicks on the remote. The maximum range is 10 meters.
The Note9 supports both fast wireless charging and fast wired charging, The Note9 will be available in Metallic Copper, Lavender Purple, Ocean Blue, and Midnight Black.