SAMSUNG GALAXY A80 THE REVIEW
The samsung galaxy A80 phone was announced at the Samsung Galaxy Event in Bangkok, Thailand on April 10, 2019 and released on May 29, 2019. The display is super good, it enjoys a large 6.7inches superAMOLED display.
The battery is somewhat disappointing as it is well below the A70, the phone comes with a 3700mAh. This is as compared to the size of the screen should have come with a fare more bigger battery.
the camera is introduced with a rotating camera, the back facing camera slides up and rotates forward automatically when put in selfie mode. The design is not new but definitely not in this way. Lets take a look at the full specification below
• Body: 165.2×76.5×9.3mm, weight; 220g.
Gorilla Glass 6 back.
Aluminum frame; available colours: Angel Gold, Ghost White, Phantom Black color schemes.
• Screen: 6.7″ Super AMOLED, 1080x2400px resolution, 393 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3.
• Chipset: Snapdragon 730 chipset: octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618 GPU.
• Memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage; no microSD slot.
• OS: Android 9 Pie; Samsung One UI.
• Camera: Motorized pop-up camera assembly. Main module: 48MP, 1/2.0″ SONY IMX586 Quad Bayer sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree FOV (26mm equiv. focal length), laser/PDAF. Ultra wide module: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 123-degree FOV (11mm equiv. focal length), fixed focus. Time-of-flight 3D Depth camera. LED flash.
• Battery: 3,700mAh; 25W fast charging.
• Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.11 (600Mbps/75Mbps), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, USB-C 2.0.
• Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader, down-firing loudspeaker, no3.5mm audio jack.
The main talking point in this phone is the omission of 3.5mm jack, so you depend on the USB-C Port for audio.
Next is the memory space, there is no space for external memory SD, the phone comes with 128GB of memory storage. Samsung brought back their old buttons design with the power button on the right and volume buttons on the left, so no need to adjust here. The Galaxy A80 measures 165.2×76.5×9.3mm and weighs a hefty 220g, making it one of the biggest and heaviest phones around, you might not like that.
The camera is another aspect of design that changed a lot. In this time of selfies, what most people check first is for the front camera and the phone is looking bare, making us to wonder. Actually the back camera is still the front camera with a flip of 180 degrees making it possible. Tis shows that the front camera will still have the same quality with the back camera, nice right?
The camera when taking selfie
The Galaxy A80 welcomes a 3,700mAh battery – not really small entirely, but kinda smallish for the screen size and smaller than the power pack of the A70 (4,500mAh), somehow.
We’re not too pleased with the longevity numbers we got out of the Galaxy A80, particularly in the web browsing test which is just 9 hours on our web script is a low result which we hadn’t seen in a while on a Galaxy. For comparison, the A70 can last 50% longer to 13:24h, while the Zenfone 6 manages a whopping 15:42h. Even the unremarkable 10:10h of the OnePlus 7 Pro is better.
In the end, the Galaxy A80 posted an overall Endurance rating of 80h. It’s not bad, strictly speaking, but it’s not great either.
• High-quality build, metal frame, GG front and back.
• Truly uniqe pop-up camera mechanism.
• Very nice display with high outdoor brightness and exemplary sRGB accuracy.
• Good image quality overall.
• No memory expansion slot, no headphone jack.
• The moving bits look fragile and can drag dust inside the phone.
• Unremarkable battery life.
• Arbitrary limitations when using the camera for selfies.
• No video stabilization in 4K, glitchy in 1080p.