The Huawei P40 Pro is the second version of the P40 series, check out the P40 here. Despite loosing Google support, and COVID-19 pandemic the new P40 Pro surely looks like it is ready to stand its ground.
The P40 Pro provides a premium camera experience with improved sensors and a focus on the optical zooming, plus it has the new 90Hz 1200p OLED screen. There is an even more premium device than the Pro – the new P40 Pro+ with a ceramic body and a jaw-dropping 10x optical zoom.
The Pro+ launch was moved for this summer season though and it seems it will be more of a limited edition, quite expensive at that. So, all eyes on the P40 Pro here, please, as it is the star of this show.
HUAWEI P40 PRO FULL PHONE SPECIFICATION
SPECIFICATION AND FEATURES
- OS: Android 10.0 (AOSP + HMS); EMUI 10.1
- Sim Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM/eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network Type: 2G/3G/4G/5G
- Display: 6.58 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~91.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+)
- Selfie Camera: 32mp
- Rear Camera: 50mp triple camera
- RAM: 6/8gb
- ROM: 128/256/512gb
- Battery: 4200mah non removable Battery
- Fingerprint Sensor: under display, optical
DESIGN AND APPEARANCE
- Dimensions: 158.2 x 72.6 x 9 mm
- Weight : 209g
- Display : IPS OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Colours : Silver Frost, Blush Gold, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White, Black
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame.
- Processor Type : Octa-core CPU 2.86 GHz
- Name : Graphics Processor: Mali-G76 MP16
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage : 128/256/512
- External Storage : microSD, up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
CAMERA AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- Rear Camera : 50 MP main sensor + 12 MP + 40 MP, auto-focus,LED flash,HDR, panorama.
- Video (back) : 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@960fps; gyro-EIS.
- Selfie Camera : 32 MP,f/2.0, 26mm(wide), IR TOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Video (front) : 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- 3.5 mm jack : No.
- Loudspeaker : Yes.
- FM Radio : No.
BLUETOOTH, CONNECTIVITY AND SENSORS
- Bluetooth : 5.1, A2DP, LE
- WiFi : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- USB : 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer : Yes.
- Proximity Sensor : Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner : Under display, optical.
- Face Unlock : Yes.
- Gesture Control : Yes.
- Digital Assistant : Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor : Yes.
- Non removable Li-po 4200mAh battery
- Realeased: 7th April 2020.
If someone thought Huawei was done after Google cut them off, they were wrong. The Mate 30 and the P40 series are here to prove that there is a life after Google, and it’s not as bad as you might think initially.
Google’s absence is still obvious and while we are pretty sure the Play Services will find their way on to the P40 phones, one way or another, the third-party stores are getting better and stronger, and you are never left without options. The Amazon AppStore and APKPure are perfectly capable to keep most of your apps up to date.